Fit Mummas! - Pre and Post Natal Pilates
Included in a BUA Unlimited subscription - find out more
You will be sent a link to the stream 15 minutes before the class starts.
Every Thursday at 11:30
What you will be doing
For all mums-to-be and new mums (up to nine months postnatal).
A highly qualified pre and post-natal instructor (and mum!) Jo will guide you through the correct way to work out in each trimester and beyond, to build strength, knowledge and self-confidence.
Pilates is so ideal for pre and postnatal women for these key reasons:
- it can prevent and ease pregnancy-related postural pain by coaching good posture and balanced muscles to stabilise lax joint
- it eases low back pain in pregnancy and beyond
- it strengthens the pelvic floor and abdominal wall
- it reduces the risk and pain associated with extreme diastasis, pelvic girdle and lumbar disorders, prolapse and pelvic floor issues
- reduces stress by providing mindfulness and breathing exercises suitable for birthing and for post-natal stress
It guarantees to help you feel strong enough for whatever labour and motherhood throws at you!
After a good warm-up, a breath set and activation of all our key core muscles and pelvic floor, I will guide you through a safe and effective workout to strengthen back, deep abdominals, glutes, inner and outer thighs, arms for holding baby and, of course, pelvic floor! We will take care to lightly stretch in between to lengthen whilst we strengthen. A mix of standing and seated, sidelined and quadruped - many options will be offered to cater for various stages of pregnancy and postnatal. We will finish with some grounding, deeper breathwork, exercises to use in preparations for labour and mindfulness for the new, busy mum.
I never tire of the incredible buzz of seeing clients discover the benefits an active lifestyle brings!